Consulting and Auditing
Consultation and Auditing in terms of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, No 85 of 1993:
- Audit to determine your company’s compliance status with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Implementation of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Staff presentation of the overview of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Monthly maintenance to ensure that the basic minimum requirements are upheld.
- Writing and implementation of various procedures and policies applicable to the OHS Act.
- Writing of various Safe Work Procedures (SWP) required by the OHS Act.
- Oversee the appointments of SHERQ (Safety, Health, Environmental, Risk and Quality) Reps and Committee.
Online Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS):
- All our clients who are part of our online OHSMS will have access to their OHSMS portal.
- This means they will have access to their OHS audits from anywhere in the world on any device.
- The site-specific checklists will be available onsite for completion. This means no more endless files.
- Documents and policies will be updated on your behalf as the legislation is changed. You will immediately be informed and have access to the new document.
- Reminders will be sent out to you regarding the validity of your certificates and reminding you when they will be expiring. Giving you time to make the necessary arrangements and thus ensuring your constant compliance.
Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment:
- Evaluate the workplace risks to an employee’s health and safety from workplace hazards and in a systematic assessment of all aspects of work that considers:
- Complete hazard identification
- Identify who may be affected by the hazard
- How the person may be affected by the hazard
- Analysis and evaluation of risks
- Prioritisation of risks
- Risk management – identify and mitigation of risks by the application of appropriate control measures.
Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Plans:
[ These are all uniquely designed for the client, to ensure the best safety and reduced risk of litigation for the Client’s Company.]
- Evaluation of existing Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Plans.
- Compilation of a unique Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Plan for the client.
- Management presentation of findings/suggested plan of action.
- Implementation of Emergency Preparedness and Disaster Plans for the company.
- In service training for the staff of the Client.
- Dry run of the Company’s Evacuation and Lock-down procedures and adjustment where necessary.
- Yearly follow up on practices to ensure that company complies with current legislation.
- Writing of relevant policies and procedures designed according to the needs of the client.
Hygiene and Food Safety:
In accordance with, The Regulations Governing the General Hygiene Requirements for Food Premises and the Transport of Food. (Government Notice R.918) the following is included:
- A Primary assessment report with recommendations of the clients’ food facilities.
- In service training of food facility staff regarding hygiene, safety and relevant legislation.
- Monthly assessments to ensure standards are maintained.
- Writing of relevant policies and procedures designed to the needs of the Client.
Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Disease Act, No 130 of 1993:
- Assistance with Injury on Duty claim’s documentation.
- Writing of relevant policies and procedures designed to the needs of the client company.
- Accident / Incident investigation and management.